Magazine of the Month: Homemaker
April's Magazine of the Month is Homemaker - a newcomer to the market, this is just the fourth issue of the monthly magazine promising "creative ideas for your home".If you like the look of it, make sure to enter the competition at the end of the post to win issues 4 and 5 of Homemaker, as well as a little crafty surprise gift...
UPDATE: The publishers of Homemaker, Aceville, have been in touch since this post went live, to offer prizes for not just one winner, but six! See updated details at the end of the post.
Homemaker's areas of interest include "Making, Interiors, Stitching, Baking, Knitting & More" - anything to do with putting your own personal stamp on your home is here.
For such a young magazine, it is beautifully put together and really packed with content. Unsurprisingly, given the name, there is a strong focus on projects.
Including cooking and baking recipes, I counted 25 separate tutorials, so if you are a keen maker/baker, you'll get your money's worth here.
I also particularly enjoyed the I Spy pages, rounding up the best of the web, the feature on family-run letterpress Typoretum, and Helen Mulley's lovely piece 'Generation Game' on how we need to remember to pass on the craft skills we are taught ourselves.
This is a lovely magazine full of inspiration and tutorials for all ability levels; I will definitely buy it again.
- Make of the Month
- Home Store (product/shopping feature)
- Anthea Turner
- I Spy (the most creative corners of the worldwide web)
- Easy Upholstery (furniture upcycling project)
- Q&A (panel of experts reveal their style tips)
- Out & About (city travel feature)
- Homemaker Notes
- What my Home Means to Me (celebrity/personality interview)
- Easy Upholstery - upcycle a mushroom stool
- Afternoon Delight - tea-themed sewing projects
- Simple Stencilled China
- Word Up - revamp a chest of drawers (Annie Sloan)
- Stitch Your Free Gift (carnival bird)
- Masterclass: Cafe Curtains
- Shade Spruce Up (lampshade)
- Super Easy Glass Painting
- Paul Hollywood's Party Treats
- What Katie Ate
- The Milky Way (create mock milk glass)
- Coastal Charm (beach themed sewing)
- Perfect Produce (grow your own food)
- Prints Charming
PUBLISHED: Monthly, on or near 15th of the month.
COVER PRICE: £4.99
YEAR’S SUBSCRIPTION: £24 per 6 issues; £53.50 for 13 issues. Current offer: free afternoon tea kit for subscribers.
CIRCULATION: No ABC figure as yet
UK STOCKISTS: Most independent and larger newsagents and retailers.
To be in with a chance to win a copy of Issue 4 and Issue 5 of Homemaker, plus a little crafty surprise prize, fill in the form below. Prize draw closes Tuesday 30th April 2013 at 11.59pm. Any entries received after this time will not be counted.
[contact-form][contact-field label='Name' type='name' required='1'/][contact-field label='Email' type='email' required='1'/][contact-field label='Address %26amp; Postcode' type='textarea' required='1'/][/contact-form]